Computer slows to a crawl
Why is my computer so slow? In many cases the answer is spyware.
In the interests of making money many business would like to know your web surfing habits. They write programs that examine how you use the Internet. They force or trick these programs on to your computer. Spyware runs in the background while you use your computer. It uses your computer and Internet bandwidth resources to enrich someone else. Frequently, if you have one instance of spyware, you may have many (possibly hundreds). These many programs working behind the scenes can cause your computer to become too slow to use. They may cause you to have numerous popup ads. Spyware has become the #1 problem facing computer users today.
- Run a non-vulnerable Operating System such as Macintosh (available on Apple computers) or Linux.
- If you use a Windows computer make sure you run Windows Update.
- Do not use Internet Explorer for web surfing. Use FIrefox or Opera for web surfing.
- Run Anti-Spyware programs, Microsoft Antispyware, Spybot and Ad-Aware are high quality Anti-spyware tools.
If you are Infected
- Remove visible Spyware with Add/Remove Programs
- Remove Spyware with Anti-spyware programs
- Follow prevention guidelines to prevent reinfection.
Call Lanopt to help deal with Spyware. We offer Prevention and Disinfection Services.
For pervasive infestations of Spyware
Wipe away all traces of Spyware while preserving your data. Call Lanopt to:
- Pick up computer. Set up loaner PC.
- Copy your documents, pictures, etc.
- Physically dust out your computer.
- Erase / Reinstall / Update Windows
- Install free Antivirus / Antispyware programs.
- Replace document, pictures, etc.
- Pick up loaner. Set up your computer.